If the sheer multitude of kratom products available mystifies you, you’re not alone. Most users only find their perfect kratom blend after some trial and error. Ask for help, sample what’s out there, and if you don’t have perfect satisfaction the first time around, don’t hesitate to learn more and try again!
The different strains:
Generally, the strains refer to the color of the veins in the leaf of the plant. There are different strains and each will have its own unique attributes. To choose a strain, ask yourself what effect you’re looking for (such as relaxation, pain relief, focus, etc). Once you’ve decided on a strain, choosing the final product is fairly easy. There are 3 central vein colors:
- Red Strains- The best choice for anxiety, relaxation, and mild depression. With red strains, you tend to notice a calmness that gently creeps up on you; usually within an hour or so. It’s effects also last a little longer than other strains. It’s different for everyone, but five to ten hours is the norm.
- White Strains- If you’re looking for energy or pain relief, you will notice effects quickly with the white vein strains. Though intense, it doesn’t last too long-roughly three to five hours-which makes it suitable if you want a quick boost or if you take it in the late afternoon. It will get you through the busy portion of your day without keeping you up at night.
- Green Strains-Also good for energy and pain relief. Very similar to the white strains, except the effects last longer. If you are looking to take it once and get through your entire workday, this is the strain you want, but I wouldn’t take it too late in the day as it may interfere with your sleep.
Choosing the form and potency:
Kratom can be purchased in a few different forms-powder, liquid extract, or capsule form. Each form has its benefits, but in the end, it’s a matter of personal preference.
- Powder- buying kratom in bulk form is perhaps the easiest way to ensure you take the dose you want. The best way to take the powder is to blend it into a smoothie or protein shake. Make it a small portion, though, because you probably won’t like the taste and the quicker you can drink it, the better. It can be mixed with yogurt or brewed into a tea, but the taste and texture don’t make these options very popular.
- Extract- This form would work the fastest but can also vary a lot depending on the concentration-which can be confusing to some. When you see a number with an ‘X’ next to it, such as 25X, that would mean it is equivalent to 25 grams of powder. It does NOT mean that it is 25 times stronger than regular Kratom!
- Capsule- probably the easiest way to buy and take Kratom because it hides the taste almost completely. It is not, however, recommended unless you want to pay extra; sometimes a lot extra. First, the price will be higher simply due to the fact that they have to use the capsules as part of the packaging process. Plus, you need to take multiple capsules-sometime 8 or 10-since only so much powder can be packed into each one. This means fewer doses per package, which is going to cost more.
Finding a reputable vendor:
The best way to choose a good vendor is to do your own research by doing a web search, visiting review sites, or ask for recommendations through social media.
- Visit the seller’s website and social media pages. Make sure it looks professional-free of flashy ads or annoying pop-ups. (a serious seller or company will want to spare no cost in giving you a truly wonderful shopping experience).
- Read the reviews of previous customers (if there are no reviews, I would move on) on the vendor’s website.
- Check to see that the site uses appropriate security measures for handling your personal and payment information.
- Look for their contact information and return policy. If it’s not prominently listed, you should probably pass.
- Read The Fine Print!